Director of Research
Role Description: The Director of Research will report to and work closely with the President of Enterprises and Vice Presidents of Enterprise Development to ensure that thorough and sufficient needs assessments are completed by all enterprises, and to assist in the R&D process to create appropriate and viable solutions to address these needs. The Director of Research will be responsible for delegating research specialists to projects and enterprises, working closely with the specialists, and overseeing their output. The Director is responsible for maintaining a working knowledge of all the enterprises, and the problems they seek to solve, as well as continually searching out new information that can be applied to the development and presentation of the enterprises. The Director is also responsible for ensuring that a research bank containing all the relevant research sources, information, and statistics on each enterprise is coordinated, maintained and kept up-to-date.
- Time Commitment:
- Hours are between 10-15 hours per week.
- As with all roles on Enactus Laurier, time commitment is often dependent on events happening within the team at the time
- Role Requirements:
- Strong leadership ability and organizational skills
- Willingness to be a team player and pitch in where necessary
- A passion for seeking new knowledge
- Detail orientation and strong research skills
- A working knowledge of or willingness to learn about systems mapping and impact gaps analysis