Program Facilitator - Mighty Hawks
- Quantity: Multiple
- Time Commitment: 1.5 - 3 hours per week
- Deadline: September 28th, 2022 at 11:59 PM
About Mighty Hawks
Mighty Hawks is a student-run social enterprise at Wilfrid Laurier University. We are committed to working with individuals with developmental disabilities in the Kitchener-Waterloo community and fighting the stigma surrounding hiring individuals with disabilities. Our mission is to help our participants foster greater independence in the community, build meaningful relationships and feel confident in reaching their personal and professional goals. This is achieved through one-on-one sessions run by our passionate student volunteers and structured curriculums. In addition to the one-on-one sessions, we run weekly interactive group sessions in order to foster an energetic and positive learning environment. We also offer paid work experience through our Work Readiness Program. Mighty Hawks strives to make a real impact on the lives of each individual and at Mighty Hawks, we believe that a disability does not define the scope of one’s abilities.
About This Role
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated members to be Program Facilitators! In this role, you will be working one-on-one with Mighty Hawks participants to deliver the various topics we cover and help guide them throughout the learning process. You will have the opportunity to plan and create some of our weekly curriculum topics as well. Program Facilitators have one of the most important and impactful roles within the enterprise as you will be the ones building the relationships with our participants and working alongside them as they achieve their goals.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team player; patient and works well with others
- Passionate and Dedicated
- Motivated and Hardworking
- Experience working with individuals with disabilities is an asset but not required
- Note: This position is open to any Laurier student, regardless of your year and program!
If you are selected, the interview and training dates are as follows:
- Interview dates: September 29th AM and PM and the morning of the 30th. This will be a 20 min interview.
- Training date: The training will be 1.5 hours on September 30th. We will set a time in the afternoon. (if you cannot attend we will offer a second training date on the 1st of October)