VP of Hr & Recruiting
Role Description: The Vice President of HR will report to and work closely with the Executive Director and Faculty Advisor of Enactus Laurier to ensure that all roles within the team are being filled effectively and on a proactive basis. The VP of HR will be responsible both for keeping track of our talent inventory on both campuses in order to determine upcoming needs, and for staying on top of requirements as they come up through the semester. This includes managing and overseeing the Director of the Rotational Program, to ensure volunteers are recruited, assigned and managed in a way that achieves the objectives of the program. The VP of HR will also be responsible for managing the recruitment process, including working with the Directors of Website and Media/PR to promote and post the positions, after creating clear and complete job descriptions. Finally the VP of HR will be responsible for managing the hiring process, being present at interviews, and helping make decisions for hiring. Once positions are filled the VP of HR will oversee the onboarding process for new hires, which includes managing and overseeing the activities of the Director of Logistics/IT.
- Time Commitment:
- Hours are typically between 5-15 hours per week
- As with all roles on Enactus Laurier, time commitment is often dependent on the needs of the team.
- It’s important to note that hiring is not a one time process at the beginning of the semester; needs change and issues arise, so it is important that the applicant be available throughout the semester
- Skills Required:
- Strong organizational skills
- Effective time management skills
- Proven attention to detail
- Team player
- Previous experience in HR an asset